The wrist carpal tunnel is mainly represented by a narrow tunnel passage comprised of both wrist ligament and bone. The median nerve and tendon compressions might lead to the occurrence of unwanted carpal tunnel wrist pain. Some basic symptoms are pain, inflammation, swelling and others.
Common symptoms of carpel-tunnel pain in wrist
• Median nerve compression in your wrist might lead to the occurrence of palm and finger tingling sensations in that hand which has been affected by carpal tunnel wrist plan. This condition is not that very painful, but leads to the shaking of hands by the sufferers. This kind of symptom is mainly observed after waking up from sleep during the morning due to incorrect wrist posture.
• Painful wrist is one of the commonest symptoms which can be unbearable at times. This pain will make your palm and fingers feel a burning sensation. The pain can either remain only within your wrist or can spread to your shoulders via your arms.
• In some cases, the median nerve compression within the carpal tunnel might lead to complete sensation loss and you will not be able to feel anything in your palm and wrist. In fact, you will not be able to feel the movement of your fingers in this case. You will also not be able to feel the difference between cold and hot sensations.
• Apart from sensation loss, in some cases the sufferers might also tenderness and weakness at wrists and hands. The median nerve compression might lead to the considerable reduction of hand’s gripping strength as a result of which you will not be able to hold things properly within your grip for the time being.
Instructions for reducing the carpal-tunnel pain
• Prescribed pain-relievers can be used for gaining more strength and that can be purchased from any druggist. These pain-relievers will definitely lower down your swelling and pain to a great extent with instant effects. Wrist brace can also be used in this regard for gaining proper support.
• Discontinue your working on your computers as that can invite more pain. Typing and mouse usage must be completely restricted in this case. If needed, you can take medical leave from your profession for some days till your wrist is completely cured. You must also discontinue doing different household works for some days, so that the unwanted stress on your wrist can be avoided.
• Wrist exercising is one of the most potential means of making the painful wrist active and thus you can practice the same with full concentration and dedication. You can also take doctor’s advice in this regard and must follow the prescribed instructions thoroughly.
• Other alternative and easiest methods for treating carpal tunnel wrist pain include ice-pack using, ointment application, wearing of wrist pads, anti-inflammatory medicine consumption, wrist massaging and other necessary pain relieving cold and hot treatments.