If you are working on your computer throughout the day, then it is quite obvious that you will soon develop acute wrist pain. Wrist pain and computer usage maintain a parallel existence and thus you need to be very careful about the same. When you are typing on your keyboard, your fingers are continuously in motion, but your wrist is in semi-motion which is really quite bad and it is one of the major reasons for the occurrence of wrist pain. You must pay attention to your wrist and must follow those useful preventive measures by means of which wrist pain due to computer usage can be easily and effectively prevented.
Method of alleviation
• If you maintain a proper balance between wrist pain and computer usage, then you must choose the correct method of wrist pain alleviation. R.I.C.E. is regarded as one of most effective, powerful methods which normally include rest, compression, elevation and ice. Your wrist highly demands for complete rest for some time with the application of ice at least for 20 minutes in a day. The wrist swelling can be decreased to a great extent by means of using braces or ace bandage for wrist elevation to some specific levels which are a bit higher than the normal ones.
• Ergonomic mouse and keyboards need to be used in order to place the wrist in a comfortable position while working on your computer. Your wrist must be comfortably placed below keyboards. The keyboard backs are not to be raised in order to maintain the perfect position of the wrist.
• The carpal tunnel pressure can be easily released by means of placing the palm flat for resting the wrist.
• You can also follow different online typing programs or can attend computer classes for learning the best methods of typing by keeping the wrist position in a proper way.
• You must consume lots of water throughout the day in order to relate the wrist tension and you must take small breaks from time to time in order to provide proper rest to your wrist.
• Ergonomic device or wrist brace needs to be worn in accordance of the valuable advices from the medical doctors. Pain relievers and NSAIDs are sometimes highly recommended by some specialists for quick release of wrist pain.
• The wrist muscles need to be stretched from time to time, which leads to the proper movement of synovial fluid and regular circulation or flow of blood through the wrist veins.
• You can also adopt the regular wrist massaging session, which is not only useful fiord removing the pain from your wrist, but also makes the functioning and movements of the wrist more flexible.
• You can also practice some popular and effective wrist exercises for gaining desirable results regarding the same.